Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Patellar Tendinitis - Help!!!  (Read 2873 times)

Offline TheEbae

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 6
  • 2 Corinthians 12:9-10
Patellar Tendinitis - Help!!!
« on: May 22, 2015, 12:58:35 PM »
Hello KneeGeeks,

I hope someone is on here right now! I'm in need of advice. I have been suspecting that I have patellar tendinitis for about 5 weeks now... Probably longer because I had some discomfort around the patellar tendon earlier, but I didn't pay close attention until I was very uncomfortable.

I was in some decent discomfort at the beginning of the 4 weeks, then it was intermittent and very painful when it did decide to hurt. We were on vacation for weeks 2 and 3, though, so I sure wasn't going to let it hold me back. Once I got home, I got back into swimming a lot more (I had worked out on vacation but only light stuff -- it's vacation, right?!) and I have been in a lot of achy pain since. It's all right along the patellar tendon. The pain is achy but becomes sharp when I'm swimming (kicking). The extension is what hurts when I kick...

So, my question is, how much longer should I wait before seeing a doctor? I could get in today (before the 3-day weekend) but I don't know if it's too soon... or if I should have gone sooner.

Help!
The EBae
~The EBae~

11-12-14 MCL sprain
12-08-14 Plica Syndrome diagnosis
2-24-15 Plica and scar tissue removal surgery
4-20-15 Patellar Tendonitis onset

Offline wannaxaxa

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Patellar Tendinitis - Help!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 09:46:59 AM »
I was in some decent discomfort at the beginning of the 4 weeks, then it was intermittent and very painful when it did decide to hurt. We were on vacation for weeks 2 and 3, though, so I sure wasn't going to let it hold me back. Once I got home, I got back into swimming a lot more (I had worked out on vacation but only light stuff -- it's vacation, จีคลับ right?!) and I have been in a lot of achy pain since. It's all right along the patellar tendon. The pain is achy but becomes sharp when I'm swimming (kicking). The extension is what hurts when I kick...

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 73
  • Neil TheElephant knee packed up carrying his trunk
Re: Patellar Tendinitis - Help!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 08:44:16 PM »
Hi There,

You are unlikely to get a reply back from TheEbae, has not signed on since October 2015,  often will find members come and go. It has been over 3 years, would say highly unlikely to return. Patella tendonitis is tough knee condition that can flare up easily! Swimming breaststroke and kicking your knees will aggravate a flared up patella tendon. Hydrotherapy, wading in the pool water at waist height. Water aerobics without the need to swim is available at most leisure centre swimming pools. More fun dancing away to pop music with more males joining in the fun will put less strain on the knees.

Good luck,

[email protected]

RK: PFPS, Arthrofibrosis, Tendinopathy, Five cortisone injections
16/01/18 Anterior interval release, distal patella excision, lateral meniscal repair
18/07/14 Anterior interval release  
16/11/09 Medial plica excision, fat pad trimming

support