Author Topic: Arthritis after a broken patella  (Read 4379 times)

Offline laverite

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Arthritis after a broken patella
« on: March 14, 2015, 05:33:06 AM »
Hi-

I broke my patella some 5 years ago.  That's healed but I've been having more difficulty over the last couple years.  Apparently I've developed some variety of arthritis and bone spurs on the back of the patella where it causes maximum abrasion.  It makes climbing or descending stairs painful and it makes it almost impossible to bear kneeling and getting down on the floor with my grandson and up again. 

I've just started Orthovisc injections to lubricate the space that is now devoid of cartilage.  But I'm told the sort of arthritis I have is the least responsive to that type of therapy.  Still, it's all they've offered since they tell me scraping away the bone spurs will only cause new ones to form. 

Anyone have a satisfactory response from an injected lubricant?  Or anyone have a different approach to treatment of the pain and mobility issues?

Thanks in advance.
68yo woman from Los Angeles
Dec 29, 2009 fractured & dislocated patella in a fall
March 2015 arthritis & bone spur problems develop

Offline Jamesgirll35

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Arthritis after a broken patella
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 07:17:59 PM »
Even I had faced a similar situation like yours where the pain persisted for about three weeks. I followed many tests and took the complete chiropractic treatment from Mississauga. I followed their instructions and treatment for about few weeks and got cured. If you are still with the same situation, it'll be always better to ask a competent chiropractor to carefully examine the related joints and get treated soon. Much of it could be prevented with early treatment.

Advertisement