Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Author Topic: 6 months post Regenexx -SD injection, my Results.  (Read 23537 times)

Offline Sturge08

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Re: 6 months post Regenexx -SD injection, my Results.
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2012, 06:47:33 PM »
Rob Wilson, I have not experienced any pain relief, just some reduction in swelling which may be nothing to do with the Regenexx injections at all. Only Bryan has en-counted 15/20% pain relief.

Offline ashok_guru

• Regular Poster
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2012, 06:33:02 PM »
I had been to Miami for an in-person consultation with Dr.Dunn this Monday [3/19/12].
He recommended for a arthroscopic surgery and followed by 10 HGH injections, weekly once and non-weight bearing for 3 months.

When I was there he asked me to take X-Rays, I told him about stem cell injections but he wanted me to take those X-Rays and eventually I did ...am not sure if the radiation will have any impacts on the Regenexx-SD injections which I had 6 months before bit worried.

Anyway am planning to go ahead with second Regenexx-SD injections and may be one more after that. If I have to follow Dr.Dunn method and I have to be  non-weight bearing for 3 months, so have to be on crutches [I hate the crutches which gave me shoulder, back and hip pain  :-[  ] dont want to hurt my hip and back more with these crutches and weekly travel to Miami may not be possible because of work.

2009 - Partial Meniscetomy
2010 - Cartilage Debridement
2010 - 2011 - Prolotherapy, PRP, Bone Marrow Prolotherapy, Prolozone
2011 - Regenexx-PL, Regenexx SD and Regenexx-SCP
2012 - HGH Injections
2013 - Regenexx-PL, Regenexx SD, Regenexx-AD and Regenexx-SCP

Offline ashok_guru

• Regular Poster
2012 - HGH Injections

Offline mccartjt

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2012, 08:29:45 PM »
Ashok

Thanks for this link

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16299259?dopt=Abstract

What does this mean? I can read English yet I am bit lost here with the medical speak gobildigook!

Thanks in advance!

JM

Offline Scooter72

• Regular Poster
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2012, 12:36:06 AM »
It basically means that hyperbaric chamber therapy will cause an increase in CD34+ (i.e. the MSCs of choice for us) when it is done right before doing a bone marrow draw.  They state that the mechanism is initiated by increased nitric oxide (NO) levels (NO synthase is an enzyme that produces NO)

So the idea is that those undergoing stem cell therapy for those ailments that can be treated with MSCs (and CD34+ in particular), might benefit from HBO therapy, because it greatly increases the amount of those stem cells circulating in the blood, and are thus presumably be made in greater quantities in the marrow. 

Offline mccartjt

• Regular Poster
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2012, 05:42:36 AM »
Scooter

How does that work?

I have been a commercial diver in the past and I've driven a decompression chamber too. So do you understand what one is trying to do in the method?

As for doing oxygen decompression, what typically happens is that you sit in a chamber for x amount of time hooked on directly to pure oxygen at a pressure of about 40foot or (about 4 atmospheres pressure) as that helps decompresses people faster as it "pulls the nitrogen" out of the joints.† Decompression sickness is when nitrogen comes out of cartilage as gas bubbles in the joints. So the "Bends" is when you joints are painful and you want to bend your joints to relieve the pain.

It would be helpful to fully understand this a bit better as we may be able† figure out what the best way forward is..

Offline ashok_guru

• Regular Poster
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2012, 04:03:27 AM »
mccartjt - I was just browsing to see what other things can be done to increase the outcome of the result of SD injection and I came across† this hyperbaric oxygen therapy and how it increases the amount of stem cells circulating in the blood and thereby increases the quantity in the marrow, I was not sure whether it could help during the Regenexx-SD
Infact I mailed Dr. Hanson about this, he told me that I can try that hyperbaric oxygen theray and it wont hurt, it may or may not help with Regenexx-SD injections.

I am planning to go for my second SD injection, I† will not be able to travel to Cayman for Regenexx-C or for Dr.Saw surgery or Dr. Dunn's weekly IAGH injections in Miami, so for now I† have decided to take couple more Regenexx-SD.

I was also wondering about all these collagen Type 1, 2, 3 and hyaluronic acid supplements, what is the bio-availability of these supplements, do they really work or we just wasting money on these supplements. Is anybody really getting any benefits out of these supplements please share your experience/thoughts. Thanks
2012 - HGH Injections

Offline ashok_guru

• Regular Poster
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2012, 10:00:34 PM »
Interesting Read

Stem Cell Vitamin Boost
Vitamin C increases the production of induced stem cells

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=stem-cell-vitamin-boost
2012 - HGH Injections

Offline Stonie

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2012, 04:49:20 PM »
Hi all,
Itís terrific that people are sharing their experiences of both good and no results.† I had both Regenexx SD and AD in early December 2011 out in Broomfield, CO with Dr. Hanson.† My pre-Regenexx PRP and post Regenexx injection and follow up has been with Dr. Shiple, who is based out of Springfield, PA and is closer to where I live.† Dr. Shiple is now doing the procedure with his own lab, as are a few others around the US that have been trained by Centeno Schultz.† Iím 5 months post procedure and Iím very happy with the results.† I only had the one treatment but I plan on doing this again in the other (right) knee.† †My improvement is around 70% better.† My right knee was previously my ďgoodĒ knee and now itís my ďbadĒ knee!†

Here is a bit of background:† †Iím a 51 year old female who used to ski aggressively 40 + days per year.† Had various ligament damages in the past in the same knee.† Did yoga 3x per week for years and I think that many of the yoga poses put lots of stress on knees and for meÖ.caused futher damage.† About 3 years ago I had a bucket handle tear of the left lateral meniscus.† The orthopod took out most of the left lateral meniscus even so it was repairable.† Had daily pain and difficulty ever since.† Tried Synvex with some short term relief.† Didnít want a knee replacement; started to research and found Regenexx.† The team out in Colorado was terrific and explained everything along the way.† Yes, it does hurt during the various steps of the procedure.† Placement of the fat graft was the worst part.† Injecting the bone marrow stem cells was the least painful part.† But, the pain was short in duration and well worth it considering that I no longer have the daily pain I had before.† There is a regimen of food/supplements/exercise recommended by the clinic, that I did faithfully for 4 weeks prior and 12 weeks post procedure.† I still take the vitamins and aqua jog but Iíve gone back to eating some carbs and drinking wine again!† My results were good and Iím happy that I underwent the Regenexx procedure.† This is the way of the future for medicine.† †

Offline fastglycolytic

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2012, 05:20:44 AM »
Stonie

Because you had your pre and post injection where you live, how many days did you have to spend in Broomfield? Did the clinic have any reservations about you doing only the stem cell injection in Broomfield?

Thanks,

Bryan

Offline flowride

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2012, 04:44:11 AM »
Hi all,
Itís terrific that people are sharing their experiences of both good and no results.† I had both Regenexx SD and AD in early December 2011 out in Broomfield, CO with Dr. Hanson.† My pre-Regenexx PRP and post Regenexx injection and follow up has been with Dr. Shiple, who is based out of Springfield, PA and is closer to where I live.† Dr. Shiple is now doing the procedure with his own lab, as are a few others around the US that have been trained by Centeno Schultz.† Iím 5 months post procedure and Iím very happy with the results.† I only had the one treatment but I plan on doing this again in the other (right) knee.† †My improvement is around 70% better.† My right knee was previously my ďgoodĒ knee and now itís my ďbadĒ knee!†

Here is a bit of background:† †Iím a 51 year old female who used to ski aggressively 40 + days per year.† Had various ligament damages in the past in the same knee.† Did yoga 3x per week for years and I think that many of the yoga poses put lots of stress on knees and for meÖ.caused futher damage.† About 3 years ago I had a bucket handle tear of the left lateral meniscus.† The orthopod took out most of the left lateral meniscus even so it was repairable.† Had daily pain and difficulty ever since.† Tried Synvex with some short term relief.† Didnít want a knee replacement; started to research and found Regenexx.† The team out in Colorado was terrific and explained everything along the way.† Yes, it does hurt during the various steps of the procedure.† Placement of the fat graft was the worst part.† Injecting the bone marrow stem cells was the least painful part.† But, the pain was short in duration and well worth it considering that I no longer have the daily pain I had before.† There is a regimen of food/supplements/exercise recommended by the clinic, that I did faithfully for 4 weeks prior and 12 weeks post procedure.† I still take the vitamins and aqua jog but Iíve gone back to eating some carbs and drinking wine again!† My results were good and Iím happy that I underwent the Regenexx procedure.† This is the way of the future for medicine.† †

Good to hear another positive outcome.  I, too, will be having Regenexx procedures done this coming June.  I am just trying to align all of my ducks-getting the time off, filing for short term disability, etc.  I haven't received the meal/diet plan yet, but one can only assume that it's going to be somewhat "paleo" in nature.  Being a former competitive bodybuilder, that should not be a problem, as anything with more than 5g of sugar is automatically scrapped from the diet.  Also, grains and starches can be rather inflammatory as well, so staying away should prove to be prudent.

The biggest concerns for me were the price and the possibility of having to repeat the procedure, simply based on price.  By the way, for those thinking of injecting both knees, DO IT AT THE SAME TIME.  There is a significant price break in doing it that way.

Offline NickCat11

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2012, 03:56:44 PM »
Ashok,

How's the knee coming along?

Offline NickCat11

• Regular Poster
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2012, 03:58:51 PM »
Sturge,

Any improvement with your ankle? Any update on a newer version of the Regenexx SD?

Offline Sturge08

• Regular Poster
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2012, 01:06:26 PM »
Hi NickCatt11

No improvement noticed regarding the ankle and no concrete SD2 developments either. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Offline NickCat11

• Regular Poster
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2012, 03:52:46 PM »
Sorry to hear you aren't progressing Surge. Maybe another treatment would help?

support