Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Author Topic: Magnetic therapy - scar tissue break up  (Read 1399 times)

JFVolleygirl27

Magnetic therapy - scar tissue break up
« on: August 11, 2011, 03:54:40 PM »
About 8 weeks ago, i had a distal femoral osteotomy, medial/lateral ligament reconstruction, and a TTT. Scar tissue is really starting to form so I am trying to do everything I can to stay on top of it through motion exercises, pilates, and using a tennis ball to break it up. I was doing some research and I found that some doctors/therapists believe that the electromagnetic fields in magnets help the tissue heal faster through stimulating blood flow and circulation. The idea makes sense to me, but I am not sure if it is really credible. Anyone have any insight on this, or found that it aids in breaking up scar tissue when combined with other methods? If so, I might get one of the magnetic knee braces and just wear it when I am sleeping or something.

Thanks!!

Offline Fathead D

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
Re: Magnetic therapy - scar tissue break up
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 04:58:38 PM »
I have heard of successfully using magnets for pain relief but not for scar tissue breakdown.  Be very careful with people/companies promising the world.  They are usually exagerating their ability to provide results.
11/29/2010 Lateral Release left knee
1/2011 Cortizone injection left knee
4/1/2011 Lateral Release right knee
5-6/2011 Supartz injection series (5)
12/12/2011 TTT and Lateral Release repair left knee

Offline ashok_guru

• Regular Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 06:55:03 PM »
Yes true it helped with pain relief but not for scar tissue break down.
2009 - Partial Meniscetomy
2010 - Cartilage Debridement
2010 - 2011 - Prolotherapy, PRP, Bone Marrow Prolotherapy, Prolozone
2011 - Regenexx-PL, Regenexx SD and Regenexx-SCP
2012 - HGH Injections
2013 - Regenexx-PL, Regenexx SD, Regenexx-AD and Regenexx-SCP

Offline MsShel330

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 01:46:20 AM »
JFVolleygirl27, after my first knee surgery 6 years ago, my PA told me to simply message my incision sites with my thumb knuckles. I was to start 1 week post surgery, after my stitches were removed. I've done this with all of my surgeries (I've had 3 knee surgeries with another on the horizon and one abdomonal surgery) and it's worked very well.
Good luck.
Hereditary knee problems.
Tore meniscus in both knees, March 2005.
Partial menisectomy, medial plication and cartilege clean-up on rt. knee, July 2005.
Partial menisectomy on left knee, April 2007.
Tore meniscus in left knee again, Jan 2010, fixed in June 2010. Tore again in August 2011.