Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Author Topic: injured, MRI, waiting to see the surgeon  (Read 1917 times)

Offline helluvaman

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
injured, MRI, waiting to see the surgeon
« on: November 23, 2010, 09:40:11 PM »
I originally posted this in the "Waiting room" and had a couple of replies. Thought maybe i'd get a few more opinions if I also posted it here.

I had a mis-step going down a flight of stairs carrying a heavy tool, 3 steps from the bottom. I essentially landed on both knees with the right one taking the brunt of the fall.
It hurt, but I've had much worse falls, or so I believed.
Minor discomfort during the rest of the day, and I awakened to a cantalope sized knee the next morning.
Saw the company physician that morning and had a MRI that night.
It will be 2 weeks before I can see my preferred Ortho, so I am wondering if anyone can shed some light as to what I might be up against.

This is what the MRI interpretation was.
Doesnt make a ton of sense to me, but hopefully someone can throw out their opinion.

Medial Meniscus; combination of irregular horizontal signal within the root/root horn junction region of the posterior horn and a truncated appearance of the central edge. the truncated appearance ot the miniscus continues throughout the posterior horn. Additionally, a veertical longitudinal peripheral tear is present within the residue tissue of the posterior horn. the longitudinal signal continues into the posterior aspect of the mid body. Truncated appearance of the central edge of the mid body as well.Extending superiorly off of the root of the posterior horn is a curvelinear low signal structure which appears to be a miniscal flap which is flipped into the posterior aspect of theadjacent to the PCL

Ligaments:  Mild to moderate diffuse intrasubstaance increased signal within the fibers of the ACL.
the mid to distal aspect of the PCL appears irregular and edamatous. Likely some intact ligament fibers.
Mild edems signal along the proximal aspect of the MCL
LCL is normal.

impression:

high level of gradeII/grade III sprain of the PCL.
extensive longitudinal type tear of the posterior horn and mid-body of the medial meniscus.
A longitudinal tear is present within the periphery of the residua of the mid-body and a small portion of the under surface of the posterior aspect of the mid-body is flipped into the medial gutter.
Grade I sprain of the proximal aspect of the MCL
Grade I-II strain of the proximal aspect of the lateral head of the gastrocnemius muscle.

Anyone care to translate?

Company Dr. says the ACL is fine, but thats not how i read it.

Thanks in advance

support