Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Author Topic: baker's cyst - 'osmo patch'???  (Read 17917 times)

Offline martinroadrunner

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
baker's cyst - 'osmo patch'???
« on: July 12, 2010, 09:06:52 PM »
I've had one now for 5 years - a bit bigger than a golf ball and hasn't gone up or down. Still cycle 75 miles a week but can't run anymore and sometimes it aches. have just searched the net re. self-treatment and come across some dodgy-looking bloke's 'Osmo patch'. This could be a complete con, but do you think it's worth a shot?:

http://www.bakerscyst.net/?gclid=CIfzoJjb5qICFSc9lAodkgUXug

Offline eaglemom

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
Re: baker's cyst - 'osmo patch'???
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 11:01:10 PM »
Let me just say I'm not a doctor, nurse or have anything to do with the medical profession.  What I will say is - why is this the first I've ever heard of this.  Personally I go by the rule:  if it sounds too good to be true then its prob not true.  Don't want to rain on your parade - I'd love nothing more than for this to work.  But............... of course if your that interested then invest and see what happens.  Just don't be disappointed with nothing happens.  eagle

Offline martinroadrunner

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 08:14:16 PM »
Yep, I think you're right. It just sounds a lot better than invasive surgery and the possibility of infection in a UK NHS hospital!

Offline osmopatch

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 04:53:37 AM »
@martinroadrunner

did you try this osmo patch? i too intend to try ....just wanted your inputs

Offline mmrocker13

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 09:47:52 PM »
Baker's cysts are almost always caused by another underlying problem. Have you addressed what is causing the cyst, first?
89 (age 12): Pat. dislocation, lat. meniscus tear, femoral OCD lesion
89: debridement, chondroplasty, lateral partial menisectomy
02: partial lateral menisectomy, debridement
02: microfracture
09: subtotal menisectomy, debridement, c'plasty
10: scope/debridement
10: open wedge varus DFO
13: HWR

Offline Morley

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 06:51:03 PM »
Did either martinroadrunner or osmopatch try this product.  I f so, to what effect ???

PatSan

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 03:53:56 AM »
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has had any success with the "osmo" patch.  Thanks.

Offline oilylady

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2011, 07:47:39 PM »
Yes I just ordered some osmos patches.  I’m desperate…but no surgery for me.  I have checked out cold laser.  For $4000…I’ll have to try a few more things first.  Yes, the underlying cause is arthritis, which I an addressing, but no luck with the cyst.

Offline eaglemom

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2011, 10:13:41 PM »
I will be waiting to see if you receive any relief.  Hopefully it helps and we will all be ordering!!!  eagle

Offline Likewise

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2011, 05:03:04 AM »
I'm still keen to hear about the 'osmo patch' but I have been trying lectric soda crystals on a recently diagnosed bakers cyst. You wrap them in a thin sock and place across the area of the cyst, bandage and leave it on overnight. It's suppose to draw the fluid out. The "poultice" hardens up by the morning and leaves a slimy film on your leg but I think it is helping. Worth a try for a ridulously cheap option from any supermarket !

Offline Marykathleen

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2012, 05:44:17 PM »
I know questions about the Osmo patch are dated, but thought I would tell you I ordered and used the Osmo patch during 2012 with pretty good results (for a baker's cyst). It is drug-free and works while you sleep.  There were 10 patches and adhesives in the box. I wore the patch for 10 consecutive nights. I noticed about half way thru that there was a good difference. When I straighten my legs out in a recliner chair it usually hurts. Now I wasn't feeling any pain. It got better, and then about a week after they ran out, my leg started hurting again. So the problem is, you have to keep ordering, it is not a cure. I noticed when I removed the patch each day there was a light stain on it, like a light bloodstain altho no spot on my leg.  To order I went to Osmopatch.com and paid w PayPal to Merchant MediWise Pty Ltd. With shipping and handling the cost came to $49.90. There was no problem with the shipping. The only problem I had was their adhesive did not stick good to the leg, I had to use additional adhesive.

support