Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Author Topic: can scar tissue build up around knee and cause pain?  (Read 5509 times)

Offline owen13

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
can scar tissue build up around knee and cause pain?
« on: March 26, 2010, 12:19:39 AM »
hi all,
i have been having a bit of bother with my knee over the last few weeks and i have felt it before.
i have had 4 ops to my right knee so my question to anybody who has had a few ops to thier knees is,
where the scar is for the scope to go in has a hard lump under it, is this just scar tissue? and can it cause problems? the lump is directly below my knee cap on the lateral side and it is tender. i bashed it about a year ago and it swelled up for 2 months, last week i overloaded my knee and it feels the same. my pt says she don't think there is any damage inside but it is sore. so can scar tissue cause problems ?

Offline tez27

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
Re: can scar tissue build up around knee and cause pain?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 09:47:13 PM »
Hi Owen I've only had a scope so far but was told by my o.s that I have a lot of scar tissue round my knee and I am pretty sure a lot of my pain is coming from that as from what I've been told there should not be much pain from the acl and the pain must be coming from somewhere. I could be completely wrong here and if I am I hope someone will let me know. I am by no means an expert and I am still finding my way rounnd all this knee stuff but I hope this helps.
Take care Tez
L K injured 25th June 2008
scope Jan 5th 10
diagnosis ACL rupture
fiberous band excised from acl
ACLr July 19th 2010  scope on 24th Sept 2011
ACL has failed incorrect tunnel placement
23rd July 2012 1st stage of a 2 stage ACL revision
10th May 2013 2nd stage ACL revision

Offline owen13

• Regular Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 04:47:16 PM »
hi tez,
after having this for a few weeks now i am thinking i have a problem with my hoffa fat pad. something the same happened last year also and i thought it was a meniscus injury and an mri came back clear on the meniscus front but there was swelling of the hoffa pad, by the time i had the scan symptoms had begun to go away but the fact there was still swelling in the pad could be a clue to what is going on now becuase it feels much the same.
cheers owen

Offline kscope09

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 05:03:02 PM »
I had lateral plica excised and have been sore in the area.  When my pt looked at it he said it would be scar tissue.  Since it was near the surface and he could actually feel it he was able to do a friction massage which he said would disperse it.  That was on Wednesday and I have had some improvement there, but still some soreness, though he told me to expect it for a few days.  That area does not hurt when I stand anymore but it still hurts sometimes when sitting down.
Feb 08 Inurred right knee
18 months of physio, knee tracking but knee still painful
Aug 09 Scope - Small tear in acl, fragment found in postereo-lateral compartment, suprapatella and lateral plica and small defect in mfc.
May 10 Right knee feeling better but left knee causing trouble as a result o

support