Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Author Topic: Cost of PRP injections.. Who, Where and How Much?  (Read 24494 times)

Offline mccartjt

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 1
Cost of PRP injections.. Who, Where and How Much?
« on: January 17, 2010, 04:23:13 AM »
Hi All

Since I am getting some PRP injections for my knee condition, I thought I 'd share that I am paying about $800.00/ injection in Los Angeles, I am getting these thru the Kerlan Jobe clinic in Culver City.

Does any one else have PRP experience in Los Angeles or else where?

JM

Offline Gobi

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Cost of PRP injections.. Who, Where and How Much?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 05:55:01 PM »
I live in NY but am getting treatment in NJ. They cost from $500-650.

I've been told by a few doctors now that insurance coverage is in the near future.

Offline adevlop

• Regular Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 03:16:29 AM »
I had a PRP done at the hospital for special surgery to try to by time before surgery, but unfortunately, it did not work for me. Total cost for mine, with the use of the ultra sound machine, and the dr copay was $1500, The surgeons office tried to get insurence to cover it by saying we were in fact trying to save them money in the long run, but the didn't buy it. Apparently it is still considered experimental, which basically sucks! I hope you had better luck than I did!
knee pain for 13yrs-20yrs old

'06-scope of R knee/cartilage repair
'08-TTT/LR/MI
'08-supartz injections-no relief
'09-open MPFL reconstruction with allograft/hardware removal/arthroscopic debridement
'09-synvisc injections and prp treatment-no relief
'10-TTT revision/cartilage debridement

Offline mccartjt

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 11:40:29 PM »
I asked prior to getting the injections how much it would cost if insurance didn't pick up the tab. I was told $800 / shot after discussions with the admin folks at the practice. In the end the insurance company picked up the tab. The whole payment gig with healthcare is totally screwed up. I paid $350 multiple times for an MRI for my left knee. When my insurance was picking up the tab my co-pay was $ 450.00 .. This whole thing is so screwed up it defies belief..

Offline Mr.Qaili

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 04:12:41 AM »
Oh my God this is unbelievable, they are very expensive in US :-(

In my country - city one PRP injections costs 50 euros - 70 $
Studying Human (general) medicine in Medical University of Sofia

Special interest : orthopaedy (knee)

Offline MDAL

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 48
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 07:45:00 PM »
Europe here, max I found (but this is 2013) is 200 euros (250 dollars more or less).

Offline greatfulgann

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 09:18:33 PM »
$500 in Miami and well worth it.

Offline ashok_guru

• Regular Poster
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2013, 06:03:23 AM »
I had PRP from different doctors in US, the following are the cost I paid towards PRP injections

650$, 500$, $1000

Recently inquired the cost of this injection in India it is around 125$ [8000 INR]
2009 - Partial Meniscetomy
2010 - Cartilage Debridement
2010 - 2011 - Prolotherapy, PRP, Bone Marrow Prolotherapy, Prolozone
2011 - Regenexx-PL, Regenexx SD and Regenexx-SCP
2012 - HGH Injections
2013 - Regenexx-PL, Regenexx SD, Regenexx-AD and Regenexx-SCP

Offline Ivy973

• Regular Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2013, 12:54:02 AM »
In NJ I have been charged $500-600 per knee for PRP (but also managed a package of hip + knee for $1050 that included some prolo as well).

In NYC, I was quoted $700-800 per knee.
Pain onset: 2008
Pain areas: bilateral hips, knees, ankles, toes
Regenerative therapies: prolo, PRP, stem cells

Offline Ivy973

• Regular Poster
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2013, 12:55:34 AM »
Recently inquired the cost of this injection in India it is around 125$ [8000 INR]

Hey Ashok -- where in India did you find such a good price?  Also, not sure if you've been getting my PMs, but I was wondering how well the cytotron ended up working for you...?
Pain onset: 2008
Pain areas: bilateral hips, knees, ankles, toes
Regenerative therapies: prolo, PRP, stem cells

Offline Nanatoo

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2013, 08:31:14 AM »
I'm in the Birmingham, Alabama area and was told last week blood PRP would be $200.00 and bone marrow PRP would be around $1000.00.

Offline rhonavee

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2013, 01:39:11 AM »
Hi there. I saw your post about the PRP being well worth it. I was just told today that I could go that route for my tennis elbow.
Please can you tell me about your experience with PRP. Was it for your knee? If not, where? And did the shot alone help or did you do other therapies/physio after? Did it hurt? I'm not a woos bit I like to know pain levels. I've been suffering with the bloody tennis elbow for over 8 mths.
Anything you can tell me, would be most appreciated.
Thanks a lot!

Offline Vickster

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 70
  • Neelie knee!
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2013, 08:18:56 AM »
I had ultrasound-guided prp for tennis elbow, similarly after around 10 months with the condition. I had previously had steroid which offered temporary relief for a few months, then the prp. Unfortunately it didn't help me at all, and I won't lie but the injection was extremely painful.  No anaesthetic can be used as it kills the plasma cells.

I unfortunately ended up having a tennis elbow release a couple of months later. My tendon was very poorly, just about attached and after the op, the surgeon said that nothing non surgical would have helped, it needed to be repaired.

The surgeon does have good results with prp, about 90%, indeed he had it himself and no trouble since. I assume you are resting the elbow, using a tennis elbow support and having physio?

Certainly try it, as the pain after surgery was horrible and the rehab has been long and slow, a year on, I am still not 100%.

Good luck, tennis elbow is a rubbish condition once it becomes chronic!

The injection didn't cost me anything as I have private health insurance - it would be around 600-700 otherwise I believe (in UK)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 08:36:00 AM by Vickster »
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09
LK arthroscopy 8/2/10
Partial meniscectomy, mfx not needed - smooth scar tissue over OC lesion, shaving of grade III defect lateral aspect of patella
2nd scope on 16/12/10, chondroplasty & Durolane jab
New MRI shows lat meniscus tear & other stuff
Ostenil plus jab

Offline ppm52

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2013, 09:06:32 PM »
could you please tell me where in Miami you are getting the prp injections for $500.00 please and thanks.

Offline Ravi_Shankar

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2014, 06:40:43 PM »

Hey Ashok -- where in India did you find such a good price?  Also, not sure if you've been getting my PMs, but I was wondering how well the cytotron ended up working for you...?

I would also be interested where in India these 8000 Rupees PRP Knee injections are available.

Knee PRP injections using good quality centrifuge are at least 20,000 Rupees in Bangalore.