Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Author Topic: Total Allograft Cadaver Knee Replacement  (Read 4779 times)

Offline swalk

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Total Allograft Cadaver Knee Replacement
« on: September 28, 2009, 07:35:06 PM »
Hi everyone!  I am new.  I was in a motorcycle accident in July of 2008 and broke my left femur at the knee with various other serious enjuries to the lower left leg and foot.  I have a great ortho trauma surgeon who put my left leg back together when most docs would have amputated.  I have about 70 degrees flexion and -30 extension at this point.  The soft tissue around my knee was very damaged so a regular total knee replacement is out of the question for me.  My doc wants to do what is called a total allograft cadaver knee replacement which means taking out the knee I have presently which doesn't work much and replacing it with a full cadaver knee.  My knee is full of pins where he reworked the condyls and that is part of the reason I don't have much range of motion.  Does anyone have any info on this or has anyone else had anything like this done.  There are some pretty significant risks involved but I am only 55 and very active and so want to be able to go on with my life in a normal way.

support