Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Author Topic: Need Help: Lump? Something on top of my kneecap  (Read 46346 times)

Offline kasiad

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Need Help: Lump? Something on top of my kneecap
« on: March 18, 2009, 03:07:38 AM »
I am a 16 year old Girl

2 and a half years ago, I fell really hard while ice skating. My knee took the fall (left knee). It hurt really bad, I could walk at first but then, after the pain started kicking in, I had hard time walking without putting some weight off. Like a normal injury.. time healed it. I was left with a small lump/bump that moves.. a tiny ball-like thing inside my knee.. (Top knee cap, a little to the left if youre looking from my PoV)... My knee does not hurt if i walk.. but if even a little weight/pressure is put on the spot where the 'thing' is.. It is the most painful sensation I can imagine. I never told anyone about it...

Recently.. ( Above was two years ago ) I went ice skating and got unlucky. I made impact with the boards and then my body just went down, right on that spot. I felt really bad pain and spent about 10 minutes walking it off. Before the incident, It didn't really hurt.. it basically stopped. But now, i play Volleyball.. which is a need for healthy knees.

I have no idea what it is.. is it something serious? Even when the pain left it for a couple months, which by the way, the pain of this went away about 8 months ago, the lump stayed. I really wouldn't like surgery.. but if anyone has any information on this I'd appreciate it ^^

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n238/killskill2/Knee4.jpg

Thats the rough location (circle green) where the limp is.. It is UNDER the skin, but its like resting on the kneecap. I can move it with my finger a little but if i press down on it, it HUUUURRTTTTS!!

Thanks a lot :)

Offline kasiad

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: Need Help: Lump? Something on top of my kneecap
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 07:45:40 PM »
Would like some feedback on this soon :)

Offline cboden51

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 03:59:45 PM »
I'm sure you did all of the on-line research I just did and it really is a puzzle.

That being said two things come to mind- could you have fractured a chip off that remains? or could you have this:" you have chronic bursitis, you might feel small, tender lumps "floating" underneath the skin of your kneecap; these are actually thickened pieces of bursa tissue".

Best to make a trip to the doctor's to see what he says. No doubt will take some xrays to be sure.

Sorry I can't help more than this.

Connie

Offline mklong71807

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 04:43:22 AM »
Would like some feedback on this soon :)

Hey I have the exact same thing. I play soccer and have hit my knees pretty hard a couple times. Mine is what you expained and in the same place as you showed, it is like a little ball thing that I can move around, but I dont have any pain. I asked the doctor about it and she said that it is a calcium deposit or something like that. She said it would be fine and I wouldn't have to have surgery to have it removed as long as it didnt start hurting. So you should be fine unless it starts hurting then you might want to have it looked at. Hope I helped, have a nice day.

support