Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Author Topic: 6 weeks post-op TKR  (Read 4055 times)

Offline Jillian24

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Re: 6 weeks post-op TKR
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2003, 04:17:18 PM »
Sylvia~
   A pain bank what a good idea! I feel so lucky to have come accross this board. I have made such friends and do feel truly close to all of you. I even found a couple people in my area, and one with the same doc! I just cherish all of you~    Jillian
p.s   wishing you a better knee day
ONE TTT LAST OCT
10 LR'S    ONE MEDIAL RELEASE
STAPH INFECTION.....MANY MONTHS IN HOSPITAL

Offline enuff81020

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2003, 12:24:06 PM »
HI!

A pain bank--that is a good name for it.  I'm wondering if we could make deposits and never make any withdrawals from it.  That would be a perfect solution--just let the stinky stuff collect interest and dust.

This translates intot he fact that I'm in a lotof pain right now.  We are having some weather changes that are most likely the culprit behind this resurgance of ouch.  The rain and cooler are temperatures are much needed by many, so I won't rant and rave as much as I feel like right at this moment.

In less that 7 hours three of my big bosses--inclusing the top guy--will be meeting to discuss me and my doc's authorization to return to work half days.  It would seem that they are going to make an honest effort but do a bit of overkill and probably get a lot of others inconvenienced by this gimp's problems.  They are also really going to have me evaluated for fitness--duh--I wish that I had privvy to what they are really up to, scheming so and so's.

Since everyday this weekhas had a significant event going on, I'm willing to bet that today, too, will spit something frustrating at me.  I can and will handle it though.  

Take care, Sylvia
Both kneesOA.
Scope on rt knee,9/00;2/01
scope w/ LR and debridement rt knee 2/02
left knee same5/02
Patellar problems
LeftTKR12/16/02
Right TKR7/14/03
Complications MUA 8/14/03
R TKR revisio

Offline Jillian24

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2003, 04:37:14 PM »
Sylvia~
   My fingers are crossed for you! I will be thinking about you...let us know!   Jillian
ONE TTT LAST OCT
10 LR'S    ONE MEDIAL RELEASE
STAPH INFECTION.....MANY MONTHS IN HOSPITAL

Offline Sharon

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2003, 09:52:53 PM »
Sylvia,

I really hope that something good comes out of this meeting! I have my fingers and toes crossed for you :) After all the pain you have been through lately, you deserve to have some good news to make you feel good! I hope your knee and other joints have settled down a little. Let us know how things turn out.

(((Hugs)))
Sharon
Left knee:
LR-5/99 & 9/01
Distal realignment and LR 7/02
TTT revision 6/03
screw removal/MUA 10/03
d/x with severe patella baja
7/05 patellar tendon replacement w/piece of quad tendon
4/07 OATS

Offline enuff81020

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2003, 12:06:37 AM »
Well--

the superintendent got called to another meeting so everything was left as it was--grr.  Mt boss said that he was watching for his car to show up and he was going to go over there.  I was right in my thinking that I'm being used a bit as a negotiation token--they had promised him two more teachers this year and he is using me to try and get them to keep their word.

In the meantime, my phone lines have been down most of the day and I needed to talk to the os about a refill of pain meds since this is a holiday weekend and they have a no refill on the weekend policy.

In any case, I am going back to work Tuesday morning regardless--and it may be just to do nothing...I'll let you know when I know.  I'm off to pt--and then a 3 day reprieve from that torture as well--although truth be known I'm as hard on me as they are, if not harder.

Take care, Sylvia
Both kneesOA.
left knee same5/02
Patellar problems
LeftTKR12/16/02
Right TKR7/14/03
R TKR revisio

Offline Rich_NYC

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2003, 12:34:20 AM »
Hi Sylvia
I am truly distressed to hear what you have been going through :(.  It seems as though you are getting far more than your share of bad breaks.  I hope you can get back to work and that things work out for you.  As always, you are in my thoughts and prayers.
All my healing wishes
Rich
scope to repair 2 meniscal tears (didn't help the pain]; post-patellar osteoarthritis

Offline enuff81020

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2003, 05:21:29 AM »
 :( :( :( :( :(

Well--today has been the day to tie up all of the weeks loose ends in the most unappealing way possible.

Our phone lines were out most of the day--from about 7:30 this morning until a bit before 3 this afternoon...so I used my time to exercise a lot.  So I get to therapy and...hooray, my extension started at -10 and after minor work, no tears, got to -4.  But I could barely stand or walk and after over an houtr of bending and sleds and bikes and all of that--and then my pt manually manipulating me into major tears--I got to a whopping 88 degrees flexion.  (It has been naturally at around 95 all week and my os got it to 135 in the OR) And that work out made me physically ill--and I can't get past the pain. (yet)

Then my boss finally called me.  They will not give him his teachers--so he is disappointed.  I know that I will be teaching in the room next to my past room on the first floor.  I told my boss to let the other teachers make the call on this--but I will either be getting a third grade class that will have to move down there from upstairs--or I'll get the second grade class that is already there and their teacher will go to the third grade class.  This will upset some 50 kids and 3 teachers.  I just want to work--I didn't want to cause a lot of turmoil.  They knew I'd be coming back, I'm thinking this could have been easier for all of us.  They are going to have to get me a full-time aide because I cannot take the kids down stairs to lunch, upstairs to the library, upstairs to music, or up two flights of stairs to pe.  And I have no idea when I get to be evaluated by the work fitness people.  I sure hope that they determine I'm "fit" to work--whatever in the #ell that means.

I'm sore, tired and frustrated right now...not a great combination.  I'm trying to tip the scale to enjoy this three day weekend with my family.  My second oldest son is coming home for the weekend and we're going to have a belated birthday celebration for him.

Ya can't beat love when all else fails...Sylvia  
Both kneesOA.
left knee same5/02
Patellar problems
LeftTKR12/16/02
Right TKR7/14/03
R TKR revisio