Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Author Topic: Can you get cramps under your knee caps?  (Read 6099 times)

Offline matthews_mommy

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Can you get cramps under your knee caps?
« on: January 06, 2009, 07:00:51 PM »
I feel stupid even asking that, it sounds ridiculous to me, but thats what it feels like. Like if you got a charlie horse in your leg, just under the knee cap instead. it happens mostly at night when i am sleeping, wakes me up all the time. started about a week ago i guess. I have had lots of knee problems in the past, but don't know the names for it all. My knee caps were tilted (apparently alot) when i was very little, litterly as long as i can remember, had 5 surgery's as a child to make my knee caps sit straight. it never made it better. a few yaers ago i got sick of the pain & went back to the Doctors. found out i also have where the tendon over my knee cap is too long & the grove my cap sits in is too shallow. along with this, i have flat feet, & that dont help things. I started acupuncture about 2 years ago, after 1 month of treatment, all pain went away. I havent been back in about a year, only having dull achy pain when over used. all of a sudden i started with this cramp like pain & its only in my right knee (thats my bad one). Not sure what it is. can't get in to see my knee doctor for a month. anyone have any ideas?

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 9
  • I will not be defeated by Arthrofibrosis!
Re: Can you get cramps under your knee caps?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 04:18:12 PM »
Hi sounds like it could be maltraking of the kneecap as I sometimes get cramp type pain over and under my kneecap on my left knee at times. My kneecap is not alligned properly which my PT told me which means kneecap is not sitting in the correct posistion.

See you have had surgery in the past and did you have lateral release or did the OS have to do a TTT surgery. Could be something else just thought I would let you know what I think as I sometimes get the pain you describe. I am also flat footed and wear insoles to raise my arches and does help a little if you have maltracking problems to reduce the knee pain.

Best book an appointment with your GP and ask him/her if you can have some physio and go from there.

Nick :) {2009} :)
RK: PFS/AF & Maltracking
18/07/14 Anterior Interval Release (AIR) 
05/09/13 Botox injection into tensor fascia lata
30/03/10 Cortisone injection into medial side
16/11/09 Medial plica excision & fat pad trim
23/04/09 Cortisone injection into lateral side

support