Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Author Topic: Arthritis Stage 4 & TTT  (Read 844 times)

Offline escalante

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Arthritis Stage 4 & TTT
« on: August 04, 2008, 02:14:28 PM »
Hi

I am writing as I'm wondering how many of you have had the TTT (Tibia Tubrical Transfer) and also have Stage 4 Arthritis or Chondro...?

My OS says I have Bone on Bone rubbing in the joint.  I really am wondering who or what to seek out next.  My last two surgeries were 11 months apart with the TTT first then the removal of "enlarged cell" I had such a loud clunking noise and the shots didn't help it either.

Noise mostly gone but last visit to the OS says it is arthritis and now I need to learn to cope with it.  Cope with it means anti-inflamitory dicofanac for the last 4 months-daily and a shields knee brace and told me to loose some weight - which I have.  I still have clunking but not as loud, I wake during the night if I stretch my legs or bend in my sleep.  I can't ride my bike very far as every rotation it clicks with pain.  If I sit to long have a hard time standing up and putting weight on the leg or if I sit to long it aches to the point of tears.  If I stand to long it gets stiff that I can barely bend or walk.

I have to admit the TTT was worth it I can do stairs better than I could ever in the last 8 years.

I am so exhausted from all of this I really don't know where to go next.  I really don't want anymore surgeries but I want to be able to function and be a little more pain free. 

Help in Wisconsin! 

Thanks - Lisa
1996-RK Scope (Bad Dr)
1997-RK Scope, LR
1998-RK Scope Debriment
2005-LK Scope
2006-TTT RK
2007-RK Scope removed a mass tissue "enlarged cells" & hardware removed

Offline JustMeInNC

• Regular Poster
Re: Arthritis Stage 4 & TTT
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 02:21:19 PM »
I know what you mean about the pain being horrible. I have not had a TTT yet but i have Stage 4 Condro and arthitis in my right knee and it is getting worse in the left too. I had my 4th surgery on the right abotu 3 months ago and i can hardly bend the knee anymore and the pain is worse. I dont sleep very much anymore cause i am a person that turns alot in my sleep well when i do that the pain in my right knee will wake me up and i am in tears. the worst night so far was last night took the kiddos school shopping and both of my knees hurt so bad i was in tears i did not get any sleep and the pin killers didnt help at all. the doc told me that if i was older ( i am 35) there would be no question they would do a replacement on the right knee I hate hearing that i am too young. I hate having to think that i have to suffer untill i am old enough to get relef from the pain. i go back next week, after my wedding to discuss the next steps to take.
I'm so busy that I'm not sure if I lost my horse or just found my lead rope.

1989 - Right Knee - don't rember what they did
1997 - Right Knee - Orthoscopic clean up again
2000 - LR on left knee
2001 - LR on right knee
2008 -LR on right knee (again)
9-18-2009 - Maquet osteotomy right knee

Offline shy20878

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
Re: Arthritis Stage 4 & TTT
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 07:54:10 PM »
Hi, I am 29 and can definately relate to both of you!  I am at a loss, and am going for operation #10 next month.  I have had the following:

Right knee -
10/2001 - clean up
08/2004 - Fulkerson, drilled holes in knee cap to promote healing, LR
02/2005 - Removal of hardware
08/2005 - Avon Patellofemoral Arthroplasty

Left knee -
03/2006 - Fulkerson, LR
09/2006 - Repair of shin with cadaver bone, 4 screws, 2 pins - my shin broke where the screws from the Fulkerson were
02/2007 - Removal of hardware
10/2007 - Avon Patellofemoral Arthroplasty
01/2008 - Sutures under the skin would not dissolve - they had to do surgery to remove them
09/2008 - Shin broke again - this time the patellar tendon is stretched too much.  They will remove the broken part of the shin and repair the tendon.

I am at a loss as to what I should do.  I am trying not to be down and depressed but this is too much.  It seems every 6 months I am going to have something fixed.  One of the problems now is that I have to be extra careful as the left knee is not tracking properly so if it dislocates or pops etc that means I am tearing up the partial replacement (avon).  I am trying to be upbeat but I don't know how much more I can take!

What do you all do for the pain at night?  I barely sleep as the pain keeps me up.  I try not to take the pain pills but I think I am gonna have to start taking them more.  Although it does make it hard to go to work the next day!

Any advise/suggestions would greatly be appreciated.  Thanks for listening!!
RK 8/01 patella clean up
RK 8/04 TTT,LR,patella clean up,
 drill holes in patella to promote healing
RK 2/05 hardware removal
RK 8/05 Avon Patellofemoral Arthroplasty
LK 3/06 TTT,LR,patella up
LK 9/06 Add cadavar bone & hardware
 to repair shin
LK 2/07 hardware removal
LK 10/07 Avon
more..

support