Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Nick's 3in1 Diary FatPadTrim, Medial plica/Distal patella excision, AIR x2, LMR  (Read 268005 times)

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 73
  • Neil TheElephant knee packed up carrying his trunk
Re: Nick's 3in1 Diary FatPadTrim, Medial plica/Distal patella excision, AIR x2, LMR
« Reply #1605 on: September 16, 2018, 08:50:41 pm »
16/09/18 Day 243 Eight Months Post Op

Eight months post-op and knee remaining the same not getting worse or improving. Still walking at a slower pace with knee giving out at times. Would be nice to have a PT appointment come through soon that taking longer than expected. Saw my hip OS on Friday 27th July and the referral letter was sent a week later on Friday 3rd August. Should hopefully get a date for first PT session in a weeks time after 6 weeks. My last appointment took 6 weeks at the smaller minor injury hospital in north Worcestershire for my right hip. Had to cancel it as it was fresh after my surgery in January to focus on my right knee. My right hip not included in the PT session at hospital I where I had my surgery done.

Back helping out at the autism charity shop once again weekly that involves some lifting that is fine if it a short distances, as long as I avoid the stairs. Right hip seems to be a niggling pain that manageable if I am doing some gardening or moderate lifting. Can always ask to see my hip OS again if it worsens over the winter months. Hopefully it will remain being ok. Been told if it becomes more persist and regular it better to have the cam smoothed over to prolong the need for a new hip! Not unusual nowadays for someone in their 50s or 60s to have a new hip. Strictly Judge Craig Revel Horwood has had both hips replaced but he has used his hips a lot more dancing most of his life. A lady at my local garden centre is in her late 50s and need a new hip that has done similar work to my previous job, labour intensive work out in all weathers.

Having said that might have been another heavy fall when I slipped hard on my side and right hip at a Indian restaurant that had slippery tiles outside the entrance. No one seemed to be concerned not even a glass of water free cup of tea from the waiters that saw me fall. Saw a elderly lady slip on black ice by carpark at the disability adult coffee morning I attend on a Thursday morning. I asked straight away if she ok and if she like a hot drink for free at the coffee morning and said thanks for the kind offer I am fine. Maybe that caused the right hip labral tear.

Accident prone with slips and falls that led me to KG after slipping on my untied shoelace while running with 2 big heavy falls afterwards a few years later is not going to be great for the joints!

[email protected]
RK: PFPS, Arthrofibrosis, Tendinopathy, Five cortisone injections
16/01/18 Anterior interval release, distal patella excision, lateral meniscal repair
18/07/14 Anterior interval release  
16/11/09 Medial plica excision, fat pad trimming

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 73
  • Neil TheElephant knee packed up carrying his trunk
16/10/18 Day 273 Eight Months Post Op

Update tomorrow after my long awaited 2in1 PT appointment for right knee and hip.

[email protected]
RK: PFPS, Arthrofibrosis, Tendinopathy, Five cortisone injections
16/01/18 Anterior interval release, distal patella excision, lateral meniscal repair
18/07/14 Anterior interval release  
16/11/09 Medial plica excision, fat pad trimming