Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Author Topic: Euflexxa Injections Diary  (Read 10465 times)

Offline arkitect06

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • Medtronic = Life!
Euflexxa Injections Diary
« on: May 23, 2008, 03:00:41 AM »
Hello Guys, I couldn't find many topics on here about Euflexxa injections, so I have decided to start my own.  I started the first one today. 

For those that don't know what they are, here is the website www.Euflexxa.com  They do the same thing as synvisc injections.

A little history....I am 26 and had a Fulkerson TTT in January.  Still have lots of problems and still on crutches after almost 5 months.  They think the problems are from the cartilage damage and muscle weakness so we are trying the Euflexxa injections.  The idea is that they can take away the pain so that I can get through PT to get stronger. 

The shot didn't hurt.  I laid down on the exam table and the assistant sprayed cold spray while the doctor injected the gel into my joint.  He then showed me the stuff that he injected in there....it is clear gel that has no odor and isn't sticky or anything.  They put a little band aid on it and off I went.  They said it could feel weird for a few days.  The injection area and the joint was very sore for the rest of the day.  I iced throughout the day and relaxed.  No strenuous activities for 2 days, but I can't walk so that wasn't a problem.  I will keep this thread updated as the injections continue.  I hope to get some relief with these. 

If anybody has had experiences with Euflexxa, feel free to share your experiences. 

Farrah
11/16/10 Fulkerson TTT, chondroplasty, LR (Left Knee)
11/17/09 SCS re-implant
7/29/09 I&D
5/7/09 SCS removal b/c of MRSA
12/15/08 & 2/6/09 SCS Revision
10/30/08 Spinal Cord Stimulator Implantation
6/27/08 diagnosed with RSD
1/8/08 Fulkerson TTT, chondroplasty, LR (Right Knee)

Offline arkitect06

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Medtronic = Life!
Re: Euflexxa Injections Diary
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 12:02:41 AM »
Hello guys, the day of the first injection was very painful and sore.  I had to take a lot of pain medicine that day b/c the isokinetic testing from that day made the pain a lot worse.  Well the soreness definitely improved the next day, but still had my usual pain with walking and driving and other things.  I will post again soon. 

Farrah
11/17/09 SCS re-implant
7/29/09 I&D

Offline arkitect06

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Medtronic = Life!
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 08:47:14 PM »
I had my 2nd Euflexxa injection today.  It took all of about 2 minutes!  I had PT before it, so the pain of the injection was worse today than last week.  I actually flinched a little this time.  I don't know if that is b/c of PT or not though, but my knee was already very painful before the injection.  I have iced a few times since my injection.  The soreness is really irritating.  I am glad work ended at 12pm today so I could come home and rest for the rest of the evening.  Feel free to jump in if you have your own Euflexxa experience!!  I hope this helps anybody thinking about doing them.  So far no relief, but they said it could take a few weeks after the last one. 

Farrah
11/17/09 SCS re-implant
7/29/09 I&D

Offline arkitect06

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Medtronic = Life!
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 07:41:39 PM »
I had my 3rd injection on Friday.  It was less painful than last time b/c I didn't have PT...thank goodness!  I haven't gotten a single bit of relief yet.  Will keep you posted if things change.  A lot has happened since my OS wanted to try these shots.  So this may not have been the best treatment for the problem.  If you are interested, you can check out my post-op diary.  Good luck to anyone going through with these injections...they were very easy.

Farrah
11/17/09 SCS re-implant
7/29/09 I&D

Offline red318

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 04:38:55 PM »
Thank You!!! I am having my first injection today. Been on a brace, crutches and cane for 30 days now. Scheduled next week for my 1st PT appointment. I really am nervous since they have to go behind the knee cap. Big needle?

Offline eaglemom

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 04:53:46 PM »
I'm glad I found this thread.  I have a question for you.  Yesterday the os told me he wanted to try an injection.  He said he'd order it because he doesn't use them often. (Which really surprised me because this is a huge knee / hip clinic in a very large metropolitan area).  Anyway he said its one huge shot - and for the life of me I can't remember the name of the medication.  Its not synvic or the regular ones, do you have any idea's?  He said "its like getting the oil changed on the car, big old shot and it will keep you going."  I can only hope!  Thanks eagle

Offline arkitect06

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Medtronic = Life!
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 06:06:11 PM »
Red, the Euflexxa injections didn't end up helping me b/c I have some major problems...I developed RSD and was diagnosed shortly after the last Euflexxa injection last year.  So now I am going on month 21st month of walking with a cane or a walker.  :(  Long story as to what treatments I have gone through since then....

The Euflexxa injections were very very easy.  The needle wasn't too large and it's such a quick procedure.  Just ice afterwards.  I hope it helps you. 

Eaglemom, I am not sure which injection your doctor was talking about.  I have had tons of different types.  There are several types that are like Synvisc or Euflexxa.  Don't know of one that is just one injection to do the same type of thing.  I have been out of the injection loops lately.  So I do not know of any new types. 

Good luck to both of you!

Farrah

PS.  My very extensive diary is under the Post op section >than 100 posts.  Titled something like "Fulkerson TTT now RSD/CRPS."  You don't want to see it...it's a mess of problems since knee surgery in January 2008.  :( 
11/17/09 SCS re-implant
7/29/09 I&D

Offline KW

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • My new PFJR...Love It!!!!
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2009, 06:50:11 PM »
Eagle,  The only one shot deal Injection I know of is SynviscOne.

Karen
Right Knee
2000 - 2002 - Scope,LR,TTT,Unscrewed
01-10-12 - PFJR

Left Knee
04/07 TTT/LR
08/07 Bone Grth Stim
10/07 Loose/Bent Screw
1/08 Unscrewed/MRI~NON-UNION
02/19/08 Lt  TTT Revision W/Graft
12/09/08 Scope
05/15/09 Scope
09/04/09 PFJR/Unscrewed

Offline red318

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2009, 09:25:29 PM »
Just came back from the injection. Did hurt was quick. I think the zanax helped. Am icing it right now, but it hurts to bend the knee. I was told to restrcit activity for 48 hours, does this usually include driving? I think I have extensive injury, I have a grade 3 if that makes any sense. I am concerened that because my right knee is injured my left knee is now beginning to have pain.  :(

support