Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Brianne's Left MPFL reconstruction and TTT revision  (Read 101416 times)

Offline Cschwartz

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Brianne's Left MPFL reconstruction and TTT revision
« Reply #735 on: August 07, 2017, 08:08:12 PM »
Haha, yes. The big surgery i had was at University of Virginia and the last two I have had in Pensacola Florida... so I am one that doesn't mind travel if it's an expert , but also have to consider surgery,  traveling and if I have a local physician that can assist if needed... like u said, so few have a patella specialty.

Offline iborodin

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #736 on: December 05, 2017, 06:09:50 PM »
Hello, I noticed that you wrote that you had the surgery at University of Virginia.  I am having surgery there as well next week and would like a little of your feedback of how the surgery went.

I am getting MPFL reconstruction with TTT.

Offline Cschwartz

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #737 on: December 11, 2017, 04:06:56 PM »
Hi! Im so sorry for the delay in this response, I just happened to stumble upon an email showing me that you had posed a question. I have went through about five procedures on this knee and I would have a load of advice for you, but advice is only as good as you feel led to either listen or not if that makes sense??  My life has never been the same since I had my mpfl with t t o!!  And I can tell you that I have been very active and healthy and worked out for many years and this surgery was really in my opinion overdone from everything I have learned now?  most Orthopedics say the tibial tubercle osteotomy alone is enough for what was going on for me which my diagnosis was subluxed kneecap,  and it was days away from probably being dislocated.  The surgery that I had done is one thing that I can say if I could turn back the hands of time I would have not.  I didn't have a choice because my knee cap was popping out but I would not have allowed both type procedures to be done because it was done so well ... that my kneecap settled in a place that was pulling medially so I've had a lot of reconstruction since! Uva is top notch, and my surgeon ws too. Hes on medial pattela boards and well decorated..imo, being a univ hospital, they love these complex surgeries as its a teaching hospital .. vs needing to be more conservative w surgery types. Make sense?

Offline Cschwartz

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #738 on: December 11, 2017, 04:10:01 PM »
You didn't mention why that you were having the same type of surgery which it sounds like that I had 3 years ago, so it is hard for us to advise one or the other until we really know what all that you tried to do before this? I have stumbled upon an absolute excellent group in Indianapolis that I went to called OrthoIndy, they own their own Hospital Systems they have like over 70 types of Orthopedics and several of them thrive on complex injuries and revisions the blew me away and very much has impressed me! Like I said, the type of surgery I've had done and it sounds like that you will have done isn't in a high-volume because the recovery is very lengthy and very painful and the statistics are not very high on success rates

support