Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Author Topic: Might Have Soft Tissue Damage, How long Does It Take To Heal?  (Read 10115 times)

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 9
  • I will not be defeated by Arthrofibrosis!
Might Have Soft Tissue Damage, How long Does It Take To Heal?
« on: December 05, 2007, 04:16:06 PM »
I posted on the general knee section after a fall onto pavement when jogging which will be 7 weeks this Friday. I saw my GP last week and he thinks there no damage inside the knee but might be some soft tissue damage, also my Sister said the same thing on the phone who a Nurse in a Orthopedic Ward. Saw a Osteopath on Saturday said same thing dont think there damage inside the knee.

The right knee that I fell on is slightly swollen looks larger then left knee since the fall 7 weeks ago and no sign of it going down my question is how long before swelling goes down if it is soft tissue damage. Will it get better over the next coming weeks or do I have to see a OS if its still swollen lets say after 12 weeks which will be mid January. It is rather expensive to see a Ostopath every week and should I see my GP in the new year if knee still swollen to see a PT.

I can fully elevate right knee straight up when lieing down which I can do since seeing Oseopath but still cant run or walk fast maybe walk slighlty better but not much better. I am still applying ibuprofen gel 3 times a day on my right knee but see no point as swelling wont go down and right knee should be the same size as the left knee that I did not fall on so heavy.

I dont think its phycological this time knee problem in my head because of my Aspeger Syndrome as knee is slightly swollen so cant be 100% ok, as I said in general knee section posting was partly phycological when I was having a nervouse breakdown in 2004, (2002 knee injury) but know for sure its not this time as I taken meds for my AS that stops my getting stressed out.

Here a link to my posting on General Knee Section. 'trip over shoelace leads to new knee problem'

http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=39597.0

Nick :) {2007} :)
RK: PFS/AF & Maltracking
18/07/14 Anterior Interval Release (AIR) 
05/09/13 Botox injection into tensor fascia lata
30/03/10 Cortisone injection into medial side
16/11/09 Medial plica excision & fat pad trim
23/04/09 Cortisone injection into lateral side

Offline jathib

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • ACL recon, lateral menisectomy, lateral PKR
Re: Might Have Soft Tissue Damage, How long Does It Take To Heal?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 09:31:16 PM »
You shoulder forget the GP and osteopath and just go to an orthopedic surgeon that can give you the correct diagnosis. Soft tissue damage can mean a lot of different things.

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 02:48:35 PM »
Been to the Osteopath earlier today who did a few stretches and massage around right knee even manipulated my back which is not causing any problems. I told her my right knee still hurts at times and on wednesday said I had pain around the quads on right knee and top of patella was sore to touch after shifting 4 loads of gravel into barrows from trailer and might have over done it. My right hip is also a little sore from the injury to right knee while at work which I told my Osteopath.

I forgot some of the excersises she gave me last week but remembred this week and can print them out from this Website, quad is the main muscles to concentrate on and will be going back on Thursday then wont go so often. Thanks Jathib for your advise might see a OS if the muscle excercise dont improve my mobilty after 6 weeks and will go back to my GP if I still cant run, sometime in January. I feel a bit stupid if I did end up seeing a OS as all the tests the Osteopath did was not hurting my knee, pain comes if I been using my right knee a lot walking etc.

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 05:08:27 PM »
Thought I would keep the board undated with my progress with my Osteopath who I saw again today and she worked on my foot and anckle and streached my calf muscles, told me to walk heal to toe which I am not doing right and did what she told me but still not improved my walking and no way can I run yet.
I told the Osteopath I will see her one more time on Saturday 22nd December then wont see her again for a while.

My Freind Jake likes jogging and a bit annoyed I cant join him and might see my GP again maybe in February or maybe earlier not sure yet, I not having a moan about it as many of you Guys on this board are in a worse state then me as I dont get knee pain all the time on injured knee.

I did however get knee pain in left knee when I was at a work using a Gator a golf cart machine with a tipping trailer at the back and have to use the clutch a lot when working on this drain when trailer gets filled up with soil with a trencher. Knee pain was ok to start with but was bad towards the end of the day and on way back home while walking knee pain was fairly bad that I had to stop till pain was gone. I always had knee pain in left knee before fall if I use left knee at a certain angle, ie when depressing the clutch a lot and not sure what could be causing it so leave it to you guys to decide what it might be.

I am building my calf and quad muscles so maybe that might solve knee pain and problems, will keep doing these excercises and hope I see some improvment, otherwise will have to see a GP again and might say see a OS which is the last resort but if he/she can make me run again then prepared to do what they say as it would be nice to jog again in the Spring with mt good freind Jake.

Sorry for a long posting but wont post till after 22nd December when I seen Osteopath.

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2007, 05:42:40 PM »
I went to my last Osteopath Appointment Yesterday Afternoon as I spent £144 just on 4 sessions and still not that mobile can walk at a slow pace with out showing up to much limping but as soon as I increase the speed I limp along and still cant run at all even though osteopath assured me I be jogging by the time she done a few sessions.

I am sure you know about good and bad knee weeks well this week had a few problems with both knees while at work, right knee that injured was very painful while shifting gravel from barrow into drainage trench we just installed a drainage system on one of the greens and involved a lot of lifting gravel and soil. I can put up with a certain amount of pain but this type of pain was so intense I had to stop working to compose myself, the pain did not last too long about 20 to 30 seconds then went away this happend about 5 times then was ok again.

The next day my right hip was painful when walking and even after work in the evening while  sitting down pain was still there. I know thats a classic sign that the knee not right and putting stain on the hip to compensate the injured knee.

Left knee not that better in terms of pain that comes and goes while walking and the osteopath did say the knee cap fairly loose as quads are not holding it properly in place at least that what I think she said and suggested to move the kneecap from side to side which I am not sure is the correct thing to do as it might aggitate the knee even more?

Injury is now into the 10th week and right knee still swollen slightly and ibuprofen gel not helping to reduce swelling, what has improved are muscles in both legs can fully lift leg up and squat a lot better since doing excersise but the knee injury still the same no improvment.

My Sister coming back from South Africa at the end of January and knows the Warwickshire County Cricket Club PT who good freinds with my Brother In Law who a well known former South African cricket fast bowler and use to play for Wawickshire in the 90ts. I can see the PT who good with knee injuries as he been PT to well known England Players such as Nick Knight and Ashley Giles so is a top sports PT. Shall I wait till end of January to see him or see my GP at start of New Year who might say see a NHS PT or send me to a OS which is the last resort as I am not that keen on going into Hospitals.

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 08:12:39 PM »
I seen my GP again and he gave me a knee support bandge and booked me in to see a NHS PT, also said might have problems with cartilage inside the knee so now posted on the meniscus section here the link below.

http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=40387.from1199994130;topicseen#msg340749

Nick :) {2008} :)