Author Topic: PHOBIAS! What R U SCARED of??  (Read 53754 times)

Offline LLee

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: PHOBIAS! What R U SCARED of??
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2010, 05:58:36 PM »
I'm another one who is terrified of MOTHS! I just don't like the way they flutter around..

bean11

« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2011, 11:03:38 AM »
snakes       got brown snakes in our back yard 1-3 times over last 5 years :(

Offline iamsuperrat

• Regular Poster
« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2011, 10:37:34 PM »
Any bird bigger than a chick (I was bitten by one when I was young) and going down the hill (I rolled down one...) LOL.  ;D

Offline localuz

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2012, 09:27:49 AM »
Fire

Offline krunzer

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2012, 01:18:45 AM »
Water I can't see the bottom of.  I can swim, I don't mind the ocean, but swimming in dugouts and lakes is kind of a big no-no with me. 

Offline travelthomas

• Regular Poster
  • Thomas
« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2012, 08:07:46 AM »
Being buried alive. Two lifetimes back I died in a mine cave-in in Bodie, California. I thought I had gotten over this phobia by visiting that area and going into a mine, plus doing all kinds of cave exploration down on the Yucatan, but when I got this TPF, and had external fixation, the feeling of being trapped and dying overcame me, and it was frightening.

I remember tons of lives, but very few deaths.
Diagnosed Celiac Disease 2003
9/3/12 - Construction Accident - Tibia Plateau Fracture + Fib Frac
9/5/12 - External Fixation
9/20/12 - 2 plates, 11+ screws (3 1/2 hour surgery)
10/3/12 - Staples removed, ROM 41į, swollen knee
10/31/12 - No more brace, ROM 60į, swollen knee

Offline WarriorPrncss

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2013, 07:53:31 PM »
Most of the fears I've seen are legitimate...

I get average heebee geebess from spiders and other creepy crawlies. I'm okay with snakes if they don't pop out at me (I use to use one as a teaching tool, Fluffy, she was a good snake till she bit my coworker...)

But... my real, terrifies the crap out of me phobia, you're gonna laugh.... pool vacuums. No joke. Walking into a pool supply store is terrifying-- I can be within 20 feet as long as I am not near water, but if I am near water and I even see one anywhere close I freak out.

I've been afraid of them ever since I can remember... no idea why, but... yeah... *shudder*

Offline Beasman

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2013, 04:20:35 AM »
Iím a claustrophobic to a great degree. Any closed especially tight place freaks me completely out. I even become very uncomfortable being restrained to any extent. While in the hospital following surgery and in casts and hooked to I-V, I was unable to mobilize myselfÖthis terrified me. As someone else already mentioned, being buried alive is an unrelenting fear of mine even to the extent that I am considering cremation upon my death instead of conventional casket burial. I canít seem to convince myself that some part of me may still be aware that Iím trapped under 6 feet of earth never to escape.

Obviously I have to have a very open MRI and I donít do airplanes! Iíve demonstrated such severe claustrophobia at times, that I fear Iíve actually affected a couple people Iíve known to become somewhat claustrophobic as well, something that Iím certainly not proud of.
04/15/2013 ruptured patella tendons

Offline fraz

• Regular Poster
« Reply #68 on: March 17, 2015, 06:09:04 AM »
Spiders in the bath ::)Just before I want to put water in....especially the big ones ;D

Offline LeanneWhite87

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2015, 08:13:55 AM »
I don't like anything that has more than 4 legs....I'm also scared of lifts, crowds and heights
1992 - first left knee subluxation age 5
1992 onwards multiple subluxations and dislocations, physical therapy.
2007 1st arthroscopy removal of loose body
2012 2nd arthroscopy removal of synovium
2015 MRI reveals ruptured MPFL and Trochlear Dysplasia
awaiting trochleoplasty

Offline kneemonic

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2016, 12:46:00 AM »
The current Republican front runners!

Offline kneemonic

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2016, 01:16:58 AM »
Trump!!

Offline tulcak

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
    • Chat with tom.ulcak
« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2017, 07:45:22 PM »
claustrophobic and now I have 16 posts toward the 21 I need to PM!
Tom Ulcak

Offline ankle_boneonbone

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2017, 02:37:36 PM »
of not fixing my cartilage :(

Offline hockey_s

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2017, 08:17:03 PM »
Iím a claustrophobic to a great degree. Any closed especially tight place freaks me completely out. I even become very uncomfortable being restrained to any extent. While in the hospital following surgery and in casts and hooked to I-V, I was unable to mobilize myselfÖthis terrified me. As someone else already mentioned, being buried alive is an unrelenting fear of mine even to the extent that I am considering cremation upon my death instead of conventional casket burial. I canít seem to convince myself that some part of me may still be aware that Iím trapped under 6 feet of earth never to escape.

Obviously I have to have a very open MRI and I donít do airplanes! Iíve demonstrated such severe claustrophobia at times, that I fear Iíve actually affected a couple people Iíve known to become somewhat claustrophobic as well, something that Iím certainly not proud of.

Although not as severe as your case, I'm claustrophobic as well. Airplane rides are really though. Diving must have been the worst yet, though. Enjoyed maybe 10 minutes of a 4 day course, not my thing haha.

Advertisement