Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: help please!!  (Read 161879 times)

Offline friendsfan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • smile!
Re: help please!!
« Reply #1020 on: November 13, 2008, 05:43:06 PM »
Hi Helen, its fine rant away...im sick of ranting now, its all just goin to explode one day.
so sorry about your knee, it sucks dont it?
my knee is just stuck not getting worse or any better...i think the same as you for the reason for being on this earth, but i believe everything happens for a reason (stupid me eh???)
i really do hope u will get some answers
5-3-07 injured knee-no ROM
2-5-07 LK scope + MUA
26-6-08-LK TTT and scope
10-12-08-LK MUA
12-6-09-RK scope
26-8-09 RK TTT

Offline tanyap

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #1021 on: November 14, 2008, 09:46:02 AM »
Hi Hels and Faye,
Sorry havent been on as much due to internet access restrictions in work. Have found a way around the problem but must be discreet.....

Hels, I dont blame you being pissed off and ready to explode. If I was you Id tell Gaspar that not only do you want him to fix the knee but youre very depressed and want him to refer you to someone to talk about how you feel not being able to do anything and doctors not doing anything for your knee!!! Sometimes I think they just make things bloody worse by leaving it so long before fixing it. I know I wouldnt be struggling along so much now if theyd just fixed mine when I first complained 3 years ago.

Faye, I know its hard and you feel like you are not progressing but think of it like a house of cards. You dont get to the next stage til youve fully built the level youre on now, so you can spend ages building one level then one day youre able to get onto the next stage. Thats why it always seems like no change for ages.
Hows the ROM - what happens when you push at it - is it pain that stops it or is it that physically you feel like its 'stuck'? When do you see your OS again?

My knee is ok, I had no change for ages then the past couple of weeks it feels like its changed again. My walking is much better and it feels easier. The only thing is I have a lot of achiness - its not terrible but I hear the crunchy noises and worry about what kind of damage is in there. Still cant dance or wear high heels - am gonna walk round my apartment in heels this weekend and see how it feels - havent tried it for a few weeks.
x
1986 - recurrent dislocations of right patella began
1988 - Modified Hauser Procedure
1991 - dislocations started again
2005 to 2007 - 150 dislocations in 2 years - OUCH!!!
June 2007 - new OS, new physio
Oct 2007 - VMO woke up
Mar 2008 - big quads, still dislocating
Apr 2008 - next OS app

Offline friendsfan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • smile!
« Reply #1022 on: November 14, 2008, 11:02:45 AM »
My knee physically feels stuck, pain isnt the issue, yeah sure it hurts but I think I could push past that if my knee allowed.. I can get to 70 degrees if im sat on a chair its uncomfortable but tolerable, Im a few degrees of full extension (not getting any worse or any better either) ..im 20 ish weeks post op now and still no better off. (oh well ) but i had all them issues with ROM before anyway. I see my lovely OS on the 4th of Dec so not too far away, Im going to chuck the idea of a MUA at him, dont think he will be keen but at least I know he will listen..then he decides.
my other knee is crackinfg all the time dont think it will be too long before thaqt one goes, i get a lot of pain at the back of the knee with that

pleased you knee is ok, are you still walking with a stiff leg?? I hope u get on alright with the heels this weekend, this time last year bet u never thought u would do it again.
Im not missing much as ive never wore heels or been able to dance...but i am missing being flexible I'd of been great at kick boxing if id of followed it up when i wanted to do it.
KNEES SUCK BIG TIME!!!!!!
5-3-07 injured knee-no ROM
2-5-07 LK scope + MUA
26-6-08-LK TTT and scope
10-12-08-LK MUA
12-6-09-RK scope
26-8-09 RK TTT

Offline paulst

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #1023 on: November 18, 2008, 10:34:26 AM »
hi faye
how's the knee,and are u facing them hurdle's.
paul
sept 05 lk injury
july 06 arthroscopy lk
sept 07arthroscopy lk
feb 08 acl recon lk
june 08 ttt lk
april 09 mpfl + screw removal lk

Offline The KNEEguru

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 80
  • The KNEEguru
    • The KNEEguru
« Reply #1024 on: March 12, 2010, 05:48:32 PM »
Have just done some housekeeping on this section, so this is a dummy post to bring the thread to the top of the 'moved posts'.
KNEEguru
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 05:51:44 PM by The KNEEguru »
--
KNEEguru

leilamillaw

« Reply #1025 on: May 06, 2011, 07:01:10 PM »
Well, joint pains are really tough to handle. But if you have zimmer knee replacements or considering to have one,  you might want to check this article on zimmer knee replacement recall

Offline nathanappasamy

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #1026 on: May 13, 2011, 10:55:32 AM »

Hello everybody,

I am looking for people who have had Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction on at least one of their knees to take part in a study focusing on the effects and impact of ACL Reconstruction surgery on someone's Athletic Identity.

As someone who has had multiple knee surgeries, I am very interested in the psychological effects of such mobility impairing surgery and do not believe there has been enough research undertaken in the field. The hope for this study (which is part of an MSc in Psychology) is to provide a greater insight into the short term and longterm effects of ACL reconstruction on a person's sense of Self and Identity. If you have had ACL reconstruction surgery and would like your experiences to count towards our understanding within the field, your contribution is of value.

If you would like to take part in the study (which should take no longer than 15 minutes to complete), please click on the below link for further information. Alternatively, copy and paste the link directly into the address bar of your browser. If you know of anyone who may also be interested, then I would be grateful if you would notify them of this opportunity to participate:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NNAquestionnaire

If you have any questions (which are not answered by the information sheet, after clicking on the link), please contact me by email at [email protected], and I'll be happy to help.

Nathan Appasamy

Offline dj00912

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #1027 on: April 19, 2014, 08:09:55 AM »
Hii helsbels

It's really long since your struggling with your injury.
I have read your posts.
How are u feeling now. How is the recovery?

May be I could help u.. ;)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 08:13:13 AM by dj00912 »

Offline Alina

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #1028 on: October 30, 2017, 10:58:43 AM »
hey sorry to know your condition! Although we are not experts here and any kind of speculation would be wrong from our side and add to your fear. Many hugs from me and please take care of yourself. I keep my fingers crossed.

Please update us once you get tested