Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Ruptured Quadriceps Tendon  (Read 334607 times)

Offline Jlguthrie

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 10
Re: Ruptured Quadriceps Tendon
« Reply #1455 on: February 11, 2018, 12:54:52 AM »
That is fantastic news turbo. Me being a newbie it's encouraging to hear even someone with the setbacks you've had,  can get back to a level of normality. Thanks for the advice Barrjoe.Just had 2nd P.t. with very light stretching, nothing past 20.Loooooong way to go.

Offline TurboCoder3000

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #1456 on: February 11, 2018, 06:33:56 AM »
Is that only 20 ROM jlguthrie???  :(

I can't believe I'm finally reaching a level of normality. Like, I'm able to go over the bumps from the garage door into the driveway without issue. Even as of last week they were still giving me issues.

Today, I walked normally over them for the first time in 1 year and 7 months. I walked normally entirely down the decline of the driveway. Declines have always given me issues.

I am also starting to walk faster, because I can depend on the flexibility of my quad tendon even more since my PT did his thing on my last appointment.

Offline Jlguthrie

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #1457 on: February 12, 2018, 07:01:56 PM »
Hello everyone. P.t. had me at 20 r.o.m. two days ago and at 30 today after a lengthy warm up. Feels like my knee cap cap is going to rip off. Turbo, I've read all your posts , and I'm thrilled to hear of your success. Congrats.

Offline DanD25

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #1458 on: February 12, 2018, 07:05:29 PM »
Hello everyone. P.t. had me at 20 r.o.m. two days ago and at 30 today after a lengthy warm up. Feels like my knee cap cap is going to rip off. Turbo, I've read all your posts , and I'm thrilled to hear of your success. Congrats.

The strain you feel on the knee when you first start with the PT is terrifying because you just had a catastrophic injury and you're afraid of retearing the injury. PT will not hurt you and will not re-injure you. It's going to feel really weird for a while when they stretch you, and it's going to hurt, but you will see progress the more PT sessions you have.

Offline Jlguthrie

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #1459 on: February 13, 2018, 05:23:13 AM »
Dan, thanks for the advice.Your exactly right, pain is just pain but the fear of them undoing the surgery is worse. I know you've all been there and it's necessary.Did any of you have a lot of pain in your patellar tendon when they massage it?

Offline TurboCoder3000

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #1460 on: February 13, 2018, 10:40:22 AM »
Dan, thanks for the advice.Your exactly right, pain is just pain but the fear of them undoing the surgery is worse. I know you've all been there and it's necessary.Did any of you have a lot of pain in your patellar tendon when they massage it?

When I first started PT (approximately 6 months after my surgery), yes there was definitely quite a bit of pain in my patellar tendon, but it has always been tolerable. There is still some slight discomfort in the front of the lower part of my leg (from the patellar down to my ankle) but it has lessened significantly over time. There is no more pain in my quad tendon area where they did the surgery, and hasn't been any pain since shortly after my surgery. For awhile while PT massaged it and did their thing there would be pain at that point (but never while doing movements). Only while they massaged it or otherwise put pressure on it.

Offline Jlguthrie

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #1461 on: February 14, 2018, 07:15:47 PM »
Thanks for the reply turbo, there's a definite knot on the patellar tendon.Hopefully p.t. can work it out.

support