Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Great Doctor  (Read 3908 times)

Offline Riosilia

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
Great Doctor
« on: June 27, 2003, 06:53:39 AM »
I don't know yet if this knee is fixed since I just had surgery two weeks ago but one thing I'm sure of... I have a wonderful doctor!  She is my 5th orthopaedic surgeon (I had a lot of second opinions) and she is by far the best one.  I really feel like she knows what she is doing and I can totally trust her.  But the best part is that she really listens to me!  I'm so lucky to have found her (actually I was referred to her).  

~Riosilia
98- first patelllar dislocation
99- LR + debridment
00- proximal (VMO advancement) + distal (TTT medialization) realignment
03- MPFL repair, lat retinaculum repair, patellar microfracture
09- Patellar osteochondral allograft + MPFL reconstruction
10- ant interval release + partial synovectomy

Offline Betty2002

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Re: Great Doctor
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2003, 05:50:20 AM »
 :)There is nothing more promising then to rely on the doctor that 'put you together again'!  After two prior ortho men....I finally found Dr. Port in Altoona, PA....young but with a wonderful success rate and reputation.  I still feel it is weird having one of the most serious surgeries ever(total L knee)...and only seeing him three times in the hosp., none in rehab hosp....and only three visits since 10/02 surgery.  BUT....I find this has given me time to rehab myself and get acquainted with the "zimmer" knee and what I can do to help myself.
   He'll always be there(but a bugger to get an appt. with) to chat and share concerns....but I'm glad I met him and he decided enough was enough w/prior dr.

Betty2002

Iona_-Uk

Re: Great Doctor
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2003, 08:47:14 AM »
Thats wonder Riosilia, It's great to hear that your OS has really made a difference to your knee and in turn to your life.

My OS is great too, although he didn't fix me last time, he's promised to get there eventually!

Congratulations Riosilia, heres to a happy, healthy and successful rehab

Iona

support