More things I've learnt ....
1. Everybody looks at the bit of bone that came out of my Knee and goes ..... 'Whoa - that's 'beep-beepity' enormous!' Then they look at me in awe and wonder, that I've managed to cope with so much pain for so long (at least I think that's what the look is - it could be shock, horror at the fact I keep the bit of bone in a Jar!) Then they shake their heads and buy me a Glass of dry white Wine! how cool is that!
2. Second time around - the Staples HURT like H*** when they are removed! (wonder why that is ... first time I didn't feel them at all)
3. The NHS complaints procedure is based in the Dark Ages - along with most NHS Middle Management!
4. District Nurses DO NOT LIKE DOGS! But Dogs like District Nurses!!!! This causes difficulties for Knee Geeks as dragging said Dog Off aforementioned Nurse can be tricky when you are immediately Post Op! Plus Dogs seem to love sniffing the great big dressing things that Nurses super-glued to your Knee!! (I'm not going to contemplate this issue for long! Yuk)
5. I'm not a patient person! I'm nearly 2 weeks Post-Op and I'm really annoyed because I still can't Walk and do the stairs!
6. So called 'Revision' Surgery causes GREAT BIG SCARS!
7. I've learnt how to clean my hubbie's electric razor (he he he - don't tell him please)
Other than these small things - every single thing that every Knee Geek has posted on this Thread still holds true for me!
There isn't enough room for me to detail it all, but here's a few:
My Crutches were utilised above and beyond their licensed Health use (i.e. Closing Doors, hitting people etc.
My Knee brace is squeaking
Disable toilets really are too high (why is that???) or too low (bizarre)
My House is still a mess, we spend too much money on Take-away food, the kids still don't pick things up!
Thank goodness for fellow KneeGeeks! A bit Thank you to you all