Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Author Topic: question about my knee making popping sounds..plz reply  (Read 2749 times)

Offline smiley196

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • *I love soccer...miss you girls*
question about my knee making popping sounds..plz reply
« on: March 16, 2005, 08:05:15 PM »
howdy everyone. Just a quick question I thought of today regarding a popping or cracking noise coming from my knee. This happens when I am standing up with my legs full straightened and then I twist to the right (my left knee is the bad one) keeping my foot planted on the ground. I can't really pinpoint where I feel the crack..its more general than one point although it does feel like its deep inside the joint. The other tiome it happens is after sitting on the couch for a while or in one position for a long time, and I got to straighten my leg..when this happens it feels like it is under my knee cap slightly to the right. And every now and then, when I squat down it cracks...but not as often. The other two ways are EVERY time I move into that certain position. I normally wouldn't be worried but my knee never ever did this before I injured it, so Im a bit curious as to what causes it.So, my questions are:
-Has anyone else ever expriecned this in their knee with the same injury as me?
-Do you think is caused by my torn ACL or Miniscus? Or just nothing?
-Is there any way to help prevent or lessen this because sometimes it is quite painful and it gets more and more frequent each day.
-What causes the noise to happen?
ANY suggestions/thoughts are apprictiated!
*16 years old*
Left Knee:
Torn:PCL, ACL, MCL
SEVERAL dislocations
Grade 3 Chondromalacia
Medial & Lateral Meniscus tears
Plica Syndrome
Sept 14th 2005-(LK)ACL recon, TTT, menisectomy,plica removal

May 26th/06-Torn ACL(RK)

June 14th/06-(LK)ACL graft recon, screw removal, menisectomy

Offline golfing_guru

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Golfing_Guru
    • My Homepage
Re: question about my knee making popping sounds..plz reply
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2005, 12:08:08 AM »
To me this sounds almost nothing - perhaps at worst a slight tear in your cartilage. 100% tear would result in constant cracking everytime in the same position.

It certainly doesn't sound like ACL tear - i've got a torn ACL and while my knee does crack its more of a crack than a pop and i can feel grinding going on inside as well but the worst factor is by far and away instability and pain associated with it.

The nose your referring to if it is a torn cartilage is simply where the two pieces of bone are rubbing against each other - the most likely cause of this injury would probs b u standing w/ your leg on the ground and rotating as u described. This is never healthy - its a bit like cracking your fingers.

It's probs nothing but it may b worth having ur GP take a look and see if its torn cartilage ..... if it is then its nothing to worry about.
Golfing_Guru

Offline smiley196

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • *I love soccer...miss you girls*
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2005, 02:45:38 PM »
Ok thanks, I was just a bit worried...I get worried more often now because I sure dont want my knee getting worse! I talked to my OS about it, he said it is due to my torn cartilage...not the ACL. Thanks for the hlpe though!
*16 years old*
Left Knee:
Torn:PCL, ACL, MCL
SEVERAL dislocations
Grade 3 Chondromalacia
Medial & Lateral Meniscus tears
Plica Syndrome
Sept 14th 2005-(LK)ACL recon, TTT, menisectomy,plica removal

May 26th/06-Torn ACL(RK)

June 14th/06-(LK)ACL graft recon, screw removal, menisectomy

Offline aaron14123

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 05:32:56 PM »
i have the same kind of noise when i stand up stright and sometimes when i sit in a chair my knees actually lock up, ive gone to the doctors and phyiscal theropy and they told me i tore the muscle around me knee and ive had people tell me its a torn acl. both my knee's pop really bad and i get alot of knee pain when the weather changes or before its gonna rain. ive had constant knee pain since i was born. my doctor did say it could be the beginning of arthritis.  i dont know what to do or where to go about getting help. when i have knee pain it hurts to walk, or even run so can someone help?