'Thankyou' letters from members:
- "Thank you for caring enough to provide us with this wonderful supportive community. It is unique as far as I can tell or know. I often see references to the boards and the Information Hub on some of the sports forums I belong to and I feel very proud to be a small part of the whole. But without your foresight, drive and commitment, it would never have become the world class resource it has, nor would its reputation before so good. "
- "Thank you for all that you do!!"
- "It was a really hard struggle for a while there, but that's why I was so thankful to have this site. Now i'm struggling with the fact that they have done all they can do for me. And I am so thankful to have been healed as much as I have, but sometimes I wish I could just get to 100%. But then I think about all the people who aren't even able to walk and I come on here and remember how far i've come." "I just thank you so much for your dedication to the site!"
- "I just wanted to say thank you for creating and maintaining this site. I've been a member for years, and without this board I would probably still be struggling to walk and coping with pain. Now, thanks to the board i've found a wonderful OS, and been "fixed" as much as we kneegeeks can be! Now, although I still struggle with some pain, my knees are stable. I find myself coming back to the site, for support and to help support others."
- "Y'all have helped me out more than anyone else has, with information and above all, encouragement and support."
- "I think you run a very "classy" site. I wish you continued success!"
- "I am always happy to donate to such a fantastic website and this will be my 9th year as a KG Member and have made many online friends and is a lovely online community. My knee problems have more and less been sorted out and want to take part in a half marathon this year and will be joining a running club in the spring. I did not think this would happen as this time last year I was still unable to run 14 months post op."
- "I have been using this forum for a year, and it has been a great help to me. Hopefully, I will be able to do the same next year, and the knee woes will be behind me! Thank you for Knee Geeks:)"
- "This site has been a godsend for me - not too many comminuted patella fractures around, and the ones here are so helpful. You and your cronies are fabulous!"
- "I literally do not know what I would have done without knee guru. Thank you!!!!"
- "Thank you for your continued work in making this amazing resource available to us - I honestly don't know what I would have done without the site and the community who gather here over the past ten months.
"As well as the advice, support and cameraderie that I've found here, the site has also been very useful for work. I'm a librarian and teach a variety of courses on the changing nature of information and how to evaluate different sources in the rapidly changing digital environment. I use KG to demonstrate the value of community expertise - information that isn't provided by what we would consider traditionally authoritative sources, but is nonetheless extremely helpful and worthwhile.
"Thanks again for this great resource."
- "You run a wonderful site! Thank you"
- "If you would realise the number of people, who have contacted me direct with Ruptured Patella Tendon/Ruptured Quadricep Tendons, requesting advice etc, and I always direct them to post on the KneeGuru threads. It will be seven years on the 6 January since I sustained my RPT injury, just wish that KneeGuru was up and running at the time of my injury. Made many friends from as far apart as Cambodia, Patagonia, all due to KneeGuru. I just wish that they would also send you a token donation !!!"
- "I really value your work! Thank you so much!!"
- "Love this website...such a wealth of knowledge, power and support are provided that making my very small donation is the least I could do. Thank you all for providing such a great service to so many in need of all of the above."
- "I value the information the site provides more highly than most of the doctors I have unfortunately met. I am absolutely positive that without the education the site has given me, I would not have received the treatment I did in the long term. I have a very active life and the maintenance of that is entirely down to the information I get from Knee Geeks - both from the Hub and the boards."
- "I was in a bad state as I had a serious knee injury whilst out in Asia and my travel insurance company were being of no help at all. Gained a lot of support from reading posts on the forum and helped me a lot. Keep up the good work!"
- "I can't tell you how much I appreciate the work that you and others put into maintaining the site. It has been such a huge benefit to me since my injury - the source of not only excellent advice and overwhelming support, but some wonderful new friends. I'm very happy to make a contribution toward a site that's doing so much for so many people - it won't be the last time."
- "the site has been invaluable to me both before my surgery and now in my rehab - thank you."
- "KneeGuru and KneeGeeks provide a lifeline for those with knee problems. It helps stop people from feeling isolated in a world designed for able-knee'd people. In some ways it would be wonderful if it could be a site promoted by surgeons to their patients as a 'helpline' or resource."
- "KG has been and continues to be a huge comfort to me while I'm recuperating and so I just wanted to give something to help it help others."
- "thank you for providing a really good website"
- "Thanks so much for having kneegeeks, its been a lifesaver, and I plan on donating each year that I am able."
- "only too happy to contribute to your website as it been so handy during the time I had my knee problems and have made so many online friends through the Bulletin Board. Thanks for providing such an excellent website keep up the good work"
- "I wonder if you really realize how many persons are so grateful for the valuable information that they aquire on the KneeGuru threads. I just wish that I had all the valuable information and support when I ruptured my Patella Tendon."
- "I have found your site so helpful and the people are awesome too, It has been a source of strength and encouragement for me during my LTKR recovery."
- "I can't tell you how excited I was to see Dr Noyes' finished tutorial. What a wonderful resource to have on top of all the other AF information. Thank you so much for doing this and thanks to Dr Noyes for contributing this valuable information in a time where it is still not common knowledge among Orthopaedic surgeons. If only it was, just think of the knees it would save."
- "I like to thankyou for such a wonderful website as if it was not for your website would not have found such a good OS."
- "You have created a wonderful site here which helps soooooo many people every day."
- "If you are the guru and creator of this wonderful site you may put my thread anywhere you like. I don't think you know how many people you have helped here. We are all so grateful to you."
- "I want to thank you for all you do and for listening to everyone and making decisons to benefit everyone."
- "I for one have found this board very informative and helpful."
- "Thanks for all you do to help us KneeGeeks."
- "Thank you for running a terrific site. You guys are the BEST!!!!!"
- "If I sat here all day thinking about it, I still would not be able come up with the appropriate words to express my gratitude to you and the awe I am in every time I come here and see the enormous impact your work has on so many lives around the world."