State of Illinois License: 036-062856
State of Texas License: L3854 ADL 2
American Board of
Surgery July 8, 1988 (thru 12/31/1998)
Recertified American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Jan. 1, 1999 (thru 12/31/2008)
Recertified American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery July 1, 2005 (thru 12/31/2018)
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Diplomate, American Board of Quality Assurance and Utilization Review Physicians
8/73-6/76 B.S. University of Illinois
College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Champaign, Urbana, Illinois
Honors and Awards
1976 – University of Illinois
Phi Beta Kappa
Phi Kappa Phi
8/76-6/80 M.D. Abraham Lincoln School of Medicine
University of Illinois Medical Center
Princess Margaret Rose Hospital
Royal Victoria Infirmary
Newcastle Upon-Tyne, England
Post Graduate Training
Residency - Loyola University Medical Centers Affiliated Hospitals
6/80 to 6/85 Loyola Hospital, Maywood, Illinois;
Hines Veterans Administration Hospitals, Hines, Illinois;
Shriners Orthopaedic Surgery Residency
Professional Affiliations and Awards
Fellow American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
International College of Surgeons
Member Chicago Medical Society
Cook County Medical Society
Illinois State Medical Society
American Medical Association
Diplomate American Board of Quality Assurance and Utilization Review Physicians
1993 United States Soccer Team Physician’s Group
U.S. Soccer Federation
1993 Illinois Youth Soccer Association Service Award
1992 Department of
University of Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires, Argentina
1993 US Soccer Team Physician (U-20 Women) Nordic Cup
7/85-present St. Alexius Medical Center, Hoffman Estates, Illinois
(Chairman, Orthopaedic Section, 1992-1995)
7/2005-present Alexian Brothers Medical Center, Elk Grove, Illinois
7/85-present Glen Oaks Hospital, Glendale Heights, Illinois
Associate Staff Orthopaedic Surgeon
1. “Fractures of the
Neck”; Loyola Medical Center, Maywood, Illinois, July 1983.
2. “Pseudoarthrosis of the Humerus: Compression Plating, Bone Grafting Methylmethacrylate, and Abduction Splinting”; American Orthopaedic Association Annual National Residents Conference, Ann Arbor, Michigan, May 1984.
3. “Humeral Non-Unions: A Treatment Protocol”; Annual meeting – American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Poster Session, Las Vegas, Nevada, January 1985.
4. “Spinal Fusion in Patients with Osteogenesis Imperfects – The Chicago Shriners Hospital Experience”; American Orthopaedic Association Annual Residents Conference, New Orleans, Louisiana, May 1985.
5. “Pseudarthrosis of the Humerus: Compression Plating, Bone Grafting, Methylmethacrylate, and Abduction Splinting”; Chicago Committee on Trauma, American College of Surgeons, Maywood, Illinois, May 1985.
6. “Spinal Fusion in Osteogenesis Imperfecta Patients”; Annual Meeting – Scoliosis Research Society, San Diego, California, September 1985.
7. “Frequent Sports Injuries”; National College of Chiropractic, Lombard, Illinois, September 1991.
8. “Arthroscopically – Assisted
Anterior Cruciate Ligament
Reconstruction”; Symposium, Advances in Rehabilitation, University of Buenos Aires, College of Medicine, Buenos Aires, Argentina, July 1992.
Reconstruction (Central 1/3
), Arthroscopically-Assisted”; Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons (private invitation) Plaza Hotel, Buenos Aires, Argentina, July 1992.
10. “Metastatic Mucinous Adenocarcinoma to Bone”; Tumor Board, Humana Hospital, Hoffman Estates, Illinois, September 22, 1992.
11. “Interlocking Nail Fixation of the Tibia”; Symposium Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation, Hotel Pan Americana, Buenos Aires, Argentina, June 1993.
12. “Reconstruction of the Anterior Cruciate Ligament”; Symposium Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation, Hotel Pan Americana, Buenos Aires, Argentina, June 1993.
13. “Anterior Cruciate
and Rehabilitation”; Illinois Physical Therapy Association, November 1993.
14. “Soccer-Related Injury and Rehabilitation”; Illinois Youth Soccer Association, Arlington Heights, Illinois, March 1994.
Knee System and other alternatives to knee joint replacement for arthritis”;
St.Alexius Medical Center, November 2002, May, August 2003.
16. “Osteoarthritis of the Knee: State of the art nonsurgical/surgical alternatives to total knee
replacement”; Glen Oaks Hospital, June 2003
17. “ UniSpacer Knee System and other alternatives to knee joint replacement for arthritis”;
Orthopedics/Neuro. Fall Forum, Association of Surgical Technologists
Omni Ambassador East. September 2003
18. New Treatments in Knee
Spring 2004 Grand Rounds
Glen Oaks Hospital, Glendale Heights, IL May, 2004
19. UniSpacer Knee System and other alternatives to knee joint replacement for arthritis”;
National Ass. Of Orthopaedic Nurses Congress
Nashville, TN. May, 2004
20. Instructor, UniSpacer Knee System Training Course
Zimmer Institute, Warsaw, Indiana, August 2004
21. Minimally Invasive Surgery meets Computer Assisted Orthopaedic Surgery
Poster Presentation/Faculty “Unfixed
With and Without Arthroscopic Synovial Ablation”
Hotel Del Coronado, San Diego, CA October 2005
22. “Unfixated Unicompartmental Knee Implant with and Without Synovial Ablation, and, the OrthoGlide Interpositional Knee Implant” European Orthopedic Research Society; Instituti Rizzoli, Bologna, Italy. June 9, 2006
2006 European Orthopedic Research Society, Instituti Rizzoli, Bologna, Italy, June/06
2005 Minimally Invasive Surgery meets Computer Assisted Orthopaedic Surgery
Faculty. Hotel Del Coronado, San Diego, CA October 2005
Training program for UniSpacer-Unicompartmental Knee Implant Devices
Warsaw, IND September 2005
1990-2005 Annual Meeting; American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Various Venues, USA
2002 Tahoe Sports Medicine Conference. Lake Tahoe, CA
1994 US Soccer Assn. Sports Medicine Conference. Orlando, FL