You are here


This refers to the shiny white cap at the end of articulating bones (bones forming joints). The common term would be 'gristle', like the gristle at the end of a chicken bone.

(AKA joint cartilage)

Joint cartilage is also called 'hyaline cartilage' or 'articular cartilage'.

See articular cartilage.

A different variety of cartilage occurs in the meniscus, and in the windpipe.

Clearing up confusion about knee cartilage

17 May, 2014

It is a source of perpetual frustration to me that doctors fail to clarify in patient's minds the difference between the two kinds of...


Subscribe to RSS - Cartilage


-A A +A


Subscribe to our Mailing List

User login