You are here
PRICE and RICE
P.R.I.C.E. & R.I.C.E.
- P = Protection - Clean and protect the wound. Splint it if there is any suspected bone break or the joint feels wobbly.
- R = Rest - Rest the joint
- I = Ice - Ice the joint to decrease swelling and inflammation (cryotherapy).
- C = Compression - Use a compression bandage (but be careful not to put it so tight it upsets the blood flow.
- E = Elevation - Put the leg up on a chair or the sofa or bed. This helps to minimise swelling.
Updated: 22 Apr, 2013